Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reaction to Kerry Lieberman environmental thing

I, like probably most Americans, am very confused by this bill. Environmental organizations I trust say this is a give-away to the very greedy interests that have caused so much damage to our planet AND our children's planet. God I hate human greed! I really must get rid of it myself. I feel so much outrage over the oil spill. I feel so much SHAME. So much sadness. I am so tired of the way we are living. We take so much from this earth. Is is because we are so selfish that we need to take so many drugs for depression. Greed and selfishness create sorrow. Responsibility and generosity create joy. Human arrogance is again on full display on the Gulf oil spill. We know nuclear waste last for hundreds of thousands of years but we can have "fail safe" methods so thinking and caring are not necessary. The big solution is to evolve past greed, fear and hate. Until then, a fee and dividend makes most sense. A fee on carbon that is evenly distributed to all Americans would create jobs. And with jobs, many humans will feel safe enough to care again.

No comments:

Post a Comment