I brought the domain name "JoyofResponsiblity" because I know being environmental responsible does not have to be a bummer! After all does not a sustainable world which meets the needs of all sound kinda fun. Can working towards this vision feel like play? And if it feels like play, will we be more likely to leave a better a planet?
In an earlier post, I shared that the gulf oil spill is really my fault. After all I still drive, use heat & electricity and rely on others for my food. How do I change? Today I fermented carrots and ginger, planted more in garden, made a large batch of all organic vegetable bean salad. I want to work towards a new future, a responsible future.
1) a future in balance with the earth
2) a future that gives to future generations and does not take
3) a future without prisons
4) a future where everyone knows how they will get food
I think Joy of Responsibility could be a food brand. No CEOs! No dollars! A "off the money grid" shared system for meeting our physical needs that is not as the cost of spiritual or emotional needs... but a system which synergistically meet needs. At the simplest level, this means community gardening and then gathering together to prepare food.
I like to see bare strip malls transformed to community food places. Places where people can go and exchange their time for food. Just as people who seek to be "off grid" energy wise still sometimes need generators, the joy of responsibility brand could sell prepared food.
No comments:
Post a Comment